Monday, June 25, 2007

I did It. I finshed my first Triathon We had so much fun!! We left victoria about 12:30 Sat. got as far as mill bay before we stopped for lunch..Subway. Then drove up to Qualicum and the ravensong rec center. What a great center..very nice pool. We got our shirts and numbers 188 and went to bike check. And I found out that my handle bars we totaly loose. So had to get them fixed. Then it stared to rain...we were going to go for a bike ride, but none of use were keen to ride in the rain. So we went to the hotel and checked in. Nice room but weird. It was the managers suite but had been chenged to a room. The front door was in the laundry room and then there were all these doors that were locked and then 29 stairs in a sprial style stair case to the kitchen. But it was only 90.00 for the three of us so about 30 each. then we went back to the rec center and it cleared up so we walked the trail that was the run.

4 comments:

Katie and Scott said...

Congrats!! For your first one, was it a Sprint-Tri or Olympic distance?! I've only done Sprint distances (i suck @ swimming) But Katie did her first Half-ironman last year - and those distances are insane!
When did you feel your best/worst?
Well done - do you have any more planned this summer? Take Care

Sarah said...

Awesome job Dayna!!! Way to go!

the OAK tree said...

The sad thing is I Can't finish the story because the Blog is just not working for me!!!

the OAK tree said...

I am having the worst time with the blog